The Federal Party is currently holding elections for
Federal Executive (FE) – 15 places
Federal Policy Committee (FPC) – 15 places
Federal Conference Committee (FCC) – 12 places
The Welsh party has representatives on these committees (declaration, I’m one on FE) but there is also the option for members to stand for the directly elected places.
To get hold of a nomination form email email@example.com. They will also be able to give you a copy of the rules. Some handy information for people to note are
1. Members of the House of Commons are not eligible to stand for election to these committees through this route.
2. Successful candidates for the Federal Executive, International Relations Committee and ELDR Council will serve for the calendar years 2011 and 2012.
3.Candidates for the Conference and Policy Committees will take office upon election and serve until the completion of the elections in 2012.
4. Nominations need to be supported by two conference representatives.At conference what you are looking for is a badge wearer with voting rep on it. They can’t be substitutes, so if the badge has SUB on it, find someone else.
5. Manifestos are black and white one side of A4 and can include pictures. PDF artwork files can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The deadline for nominations and artwork is 12 noon on Wednesday 29th September.
In addition there are two further elections for internationally focussed roles for which the deadlines are the same.
ELDR Council Delegation (8 places)
International Relations Committee (5 places)
For a full copy of the rules and a nomination form (this is important, you need to stick to those not the above) contact the returning officer. email@example.com